Christmas opening hours:
Maker Space will be closed by default between the 21st of December 2018 and the 2nd of January 2019. Members should keep an eye on the North East Makers discussion list for any last minute opening times. Please note the whole building will be closed so only key-holders with building keys will be able to open up and access will be via the car-park entrance using the secret wifi doorbell.
Usual opening hours:
Members only Sessions:
- Monday 6:30pm -10:00pm
- Tuesday 6:30pm – 10:00pm
- Wednesday 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Thursday 6:30pm – ~10:00pm (also see visitor nights below)
- Friday – Sporadic evening , check the discussion list for updates.
- Saturday – We are currently trialling regular Saturday openings, which are usually 12pm to 6pm. But please see discussion list for opening announcements and exact times, which are usually posted a few days ahead.
- some weekday afternoons up until about 5pm – Please see “open status” to the right of the this page and email the discussion group to confirm before travelling.
- occasional Ad-hoc opening on Sundays – See discussion list & Twitter for announcements.
- Welcome Wednesday – Every Wednesday 6pm-8pm.
- 3D Thursday – 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. 6:30pm-9:30pm. Public night concentrating on 3D design and additive manufacturing.
- Make it Sew – Currently on hiatus PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOSTING THIS NIGHT
2nd and 4th Thursdays. 6.30pm-9pm. Public evening workshop learning to make and alter clothes. Free to members, £1 donation requested from visitors to cover materials.
- Weekend Workshop – We try to put on a public event on the “Last Saturday of the Month” usually 11am-5pm – see discussion group for announcements.